Troop 86 initiates and participates in many community service projects in and around Stanwood. Some of these include:
- Food drives
- Public area cleanup & restoration
- Christmas tree pickup for local residents
- Toy drives
- Christmas gift handout at Josephine Sunset Home
- Help during local flooding
- Troop 86 also works with a landowner on Camano Island who has several acres of garden and orchard areas. Scouts help raise and harvest the food which is then given to the Stanwood-Camano Food Bank. This project generates more than four thousand pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables to the food bank each year.
One of the primary requirements for Eagle Rank is for a Scout to perform a service project. These service projects benefit the Stanwood-Camano community in many ways and Troop 86 has completed dozens of projects in our local area. Some of these include:
- New walking trail at Lions Youth Camp
- Clothing and food drive for foster kids
- Constructed a viewing platform for city park
- Restored playground area and build new chain link fence for local church
- Organized a 5K fun run to raise awareness of fitness and to raise money for a water well in Kenya
- Constructed information kiosks for local organizations
Please contact us if you have an idea for a community service project for us to consider.